What to Bring
You must bring the following items to your tax appointment:
• Proof of identification (photo ID)
• Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
• An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
• Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
• Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
• All Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099R,1099-Misc) from all employers. Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099) Education and training (Form 1098T)
• All Health Insurance Statements Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
• Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
• Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
• Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Interested in making a difference in your community and volunteering with the Tax Program? Click here!
We’re trained and certified by the IRS. That means that we’ve had to go through rigorous training and extensive testing to make sure that we know how to prepare your tax return correctly.
We’re fast. Did you know that when you pay for a rapid refund, you’re actually taking out a loan? And sometimes, those loans will charge you up to $400 in interest, in addition to the up-front fees! If you file electronically through VITA, you will securely receive your refund in your bank account in 7 to 10 days. And it will cost you NOTHING! Don’t have a bank account? No problem! We have access to other programs that will get your refund to you securely and quickly at NO COST to you.
We’re FREE. We provide a free alternative to those other places that will charge you a high fee to get your refund. Why pay for your tax prep when we’ll do it for free? Surely, you can think of better ways to spend your hard-earned money than on a tax preparer whose only real concern is getting the highest fee possible from you.
We provide access to resources that will help you build wealth, get out of debt, and find financial stability. We’ll help you plug in to resources such as Utah Saves, Individual Development Accounts, low-cost checking and savings accounts, and more. We won’t sell you anything — just give you the information you need to make good decisions for your financial future.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 716-362-0744.
Please use the Taxpayer Advocate Service if you have any additional questions or feel you need additional assistance. This is a free service and they are here to help you.